Are you looking for a smart, energy-saving lighting control for open plan offices? Do you want a control system that is really easy to install without programming?
Organic Response is the answer to your questions; lighting control as a true plug and play solution.
How Organic Response works
Organic Response acts like a school of fish, where every individual communicates with its nearest neighbours. Each fixture has a sensor that responds to presence and daylight. Each sensor shares, receives and transmits information to the nearby light fittings.
The Sensor Node
At the heart of the system is the Sensor Node. Integrated into each luminaire during manufacture, each Sensor Node contains a motion sensor, infrared transmitter, infrared receiver, ambient light and an intelligent microprocessor.
Here's how it works:
1. The moment a Sensor Node detects occupancy, the luminaire responds by outputting a predetermined light level. It simultaneously communicates with its immediate neighbour luminaires using a Level 1 proximity limited wireless infrared signal, telling them it can see someone.
2. On receipt of this signal the neighbouring Sensor Nodes know that there is someone within one light fitting, and responds by outputting a predetermined light level appropriate to that occupancy profile. They simultaneously relay a Level 2 signal to their own neighbours, notifying them of the occupant’s relative proximity.
3. This propagates throughout the floor, creating the Occupancy Information Cloud™. Each Sensor Node receives signals indicating how close someone is to it, and responds by emitting the appropriate light level based on the rich occupancy information it continually receives (and disseminates).
Wireless Distributed Intelligence
The result is comfortable lighting conditions around all occupants, lower light levels in areas adjacent to them, but importantly no wasted lighting of unoccupied or naturally lit areas. Once an area becomes vacant, each light gently dims to a low light state until the system is sure that nobody remains in the area. After this time, the lights switch off completely.
The system is completely plug and play, and intrinsically adaptable to changes in the layout of the Sensor Nodes or office. However, Organic Response can be highly optimised via a simple smartphone app. This allows individual luminaire settings to be easily adjusted for the specific needs of a particular occupant or environment.
For example, brightness can be trimmed and dwell times increased or reduced. In addition, using the same infrared peer-to-peer communication network described above relay configuration allows a whole floor to be configured with a new setting just by pressing a few buttons on the smartphone. With no training, electricians, facility managers, office managers or even each occupant has the ability to configure and optimise the system’s behaviour to suit their individual needs.
Optimise with your smartphone
With the app on your smartphone and an IR dongle multiple configuration options for each individual luminaire in the system can be made:
- Light levels
- Timing setting
- Dwell times
- Sensitivity of the sensor
- IR transmission strength
- Activation and setting of daylight control / constant light.
- Indigo Combo
- UNO Diffused Direct
- Indigo Maestro Zeta
- Multifive G2
- Vertex Air
- Uno Beta Direct
- Uno Continuous Diffused Direct
- Multifive LED
- Uno Continuous Diffused Direct/Indirect
- Uno Diffused Direct/Indirect
- Multifive Air G2
- Multifive Air LED
- Uno Beta Direct/Indirect